We’re More Than A Network.
Area Code is more than a network of podcasts. It’s a collective of creators who have gathered to create the most genuine, sincere work possible, uninhibited by red tape or competing agendas. We’re looking for podcasters who are either already podcasting or actively working on a podcast who are looking for a network and creative community to belong to.
In addition to a collaborative group of creators, Area Code offers creative, cross-promotional, and marketing opportunities to those who are interested in making podcasts but struggle with the ancillary stuff.
The Area Code Network is not centered around a particular audience or niche. Instead, we’re centered around a common vision of wholehearted belonging and true creative freedom.
An Area Code show is:
- Guided By Purpose – You understand your purpose and what you want to accomplish through your podcast.
- Self-Aware – You know who you are and what you are about, and you know where you need help.
- Vulnerable – You are honest and transparent, and you encourage the same from your guests.
- Friendly – You are welcoming, open, communal, conversational, and grounded, and your collaborators and audience can feel it.
- Subversive – You’re not mad about it, but you’re not interested in the status quo. In some way or another, your work “comforts the afflicted and afflicts the comfortable.”
HOW TO APPLY
Have a podcast you think would be a good fit for Area Code? Send an email to: email@example.com and include the following information:
- Describe your podcast in 100 words or less.
- Who are your people? What sort of relationship are you building with your audience, and what are they like?
- What motivates you? We’re not just looking for any podcast with an audience. We’re looking for people who know who they are and what they’re about. What purpose do you and/or your podcast serve in the world?
- What can you add to our network? We’re not interested in being an echo chamber. We want every new creator we add to the network to bring new perspectives and new ideas.
- What can we do for you? Area Code is an extremely flexible and versatile network. We start every conversation with podcasters with a discussion about what they need from us. So let’s get that conversation going.
Podcasters of color and other underrepresented voices are particularly encouraged to reach out.